Teaching English abroad opens up a wealth of opportunity for our course graduates.
Many think it’s strictly for younger students however we have a huge number of mature students too who are looking to take the leap and try a new adventure after years spent in their own careers.
There’s a lot to learn before you jet off and we get that, so here’s a breakdown of some of the facts you may find useful before and during your trip!
- You don’t (we repeat, DO NOT) need prior teaching experience to complete one of our courses. Our courses are open to anyone over the age of 17.
- You can take our courses at your own time and pace, in fact you have 12 months to complete the course - some take the full 12 months and fit it in around their other work and life commitments, whilst others get it done, dusted and in the bag as quickly as possible. You can also apply for an extension if you need longer than a year, so don’t panic!
- Once completed, you’ll receive a free PDF certificate confirming your new TEFL UK qualification and you can then get on with the all important task of finding your new adventure! A hard copy can also be ordered at a small surcharge if needed.
- Check out our jobs board regularly and see what’s available (and don’t forget to get in touch if you have any questions, we’re here to help every step of the way).
- Once you’ve found a job you like the look of, then it’s time to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Take a look at the country, the culture and even the finances. Speak to us re pay and we’ll advise you on cost of living vs income and help you work out a healthy budget which will allow you to make the most of your full assignment. After all, no one wants to spend their weekends stuck inside with no money, we want to ensure you have the opportunity to get out and EXPLORE your new country.
- Read our blogs section (oh wait, you already are…. hi there!). We post regular updates on useful facts about the countries themselves as well as teaching tips and advice.
- Speak to your family, let them know your plans and how long you expect to be away for. Luckily we live in the digital age and with WiFi and facetime, it’s like you’re never away… no need for homesickness at all!
- You’re not stuck to just one assignment. If your first job is finished and you want to continue the experience, apply for others, and head off to another exciting location. TEFL UK have a huge reach to international schools and employers, meaning we can assist you with job applications all over the world.
All your questions answered? Brilliant! If not, give us a call or send us a message and we can discuss any further queries you may have. Teaching English abroad will be the experience of a lifetime, so let’s get you started.
Previously: Teaching English with a twist