Teach English in China with Echo and discover this truly amazing country!
Come and experience everything that China has to offer. Award winning placements with jobs in beautiful cities, including Hangzhou and Suzhou. Register today!
English teaching jobs in China
TEFL UK are proud to introduce our partnership with Echo Education, an award winning provider of over 400 teaching jobs in China every year.
- ECHO will employ you directly and are highly experienced in hiring, training and supporting English teachers in China
- You can experience teaching in China with a strong support network of over 500+ teachers
- Enjoy peace of mind when teaching in China with a fully legal work permit, provided in accordance with all government regulations
Benefits for teaching in China
Includes a fully screened, reputable host school
- RMB 10,000 - RMB 14,000 p / month salary range
- High quality TEFL certificate worth over £249 provided
- RMB 3,000 / month housing stipend
- Full teaching and living support whilst in China
- Chinese language learning opportunities
- RMB 6,000 flight allowance (paid upon contract completion)
- Free medical check and health insurance
- Legal working visa
- Airport pick up
- Start up support, including bank account set up, cell phone etc.
- Ongoing training and career professional development
- Free hotel accommodation on arrival
- Extensive support network including regular social events and meet ups
Teaching jobs in China through the ECHO program partner schools
- Teach English in exciting Chinese cities with large expat networks, including Hangzhou and Suzhou
- Join a large group of incoming teachers with over 400 spots available for the upcoming semester
- Teaching schedule of 15 - 20 hours per week, 40 minutes per class
- Opportunities to teach Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary or High school level
- 5 day teaching week
- Chinese national holidays paid
- Full training and high quality TEFL course provided to you, including grammar refresher, classroom management in China, lesson planning and more
- Lunch at school
- Independent, high quality accommodation provided with most schools
- Local Chinese mentor teachers to support you
- Program fully endorsed and licensed by Chinese Ministry of Education
I highly recommend Echo to anyone willing to see tremendous growth in a quick amount of the time. Echo provides you with an excellent job, they assign you a personal manager, and they help you grow by providing you with learning content and assessing your class twice a year.
with an award winning agency, secure your place today
You'll be happy to learn that teaching English in China pays among the best in the world. You could earn anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 a month, depending on your experience, qualifications, and placement location. The locals are friendly and will welcome you to their country with a mix of pride and hospitality. You'll receive plenty of social invitations and gifts as an English teacher in China! In addition to this, you'll also gain some important lifelong skills such as public speaking, adaptability, managing your time and communication, all of which can be useful in the workplace.
This experience can seem overwhelming at first, especially if you do not speak the language, but it is well worth it! When you teach English in China, you will undoubtedly gain new and useful skills, such as the ability to adapt your communication style to various audiences, talk in front of large groups of people - 200 students per class anyone?!, and think quickly and decisively.
Teaching in China allows you to immerse yourself in one of the most widely spoken world languages. Although all classes are conducted in English and Mandarin knowledge is not necessary when teaching, many schools offer subsidised or free Mandarin language lessons to foreign teachers in order to help them adapt to life in China.
China is an extremely safe country to teach in with crimes against foreigners almost unheard of. You will find the locals to be friendly, welcoming and curious about your presence in their country. They will often go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need.
Having a valid Z-Visa in your passport is the most important prerequisite for teaching in China. In order to be eligible for the visa application, you must hold a bachelor's degree and be in possession of a recognised and accredited TEFL certification. Proof of no criminal record and a medical report will also be required for your China visa application.
Late in 2019, China relaxed its teaching age restrictions. Teachers in 2nd and 3rd tier cities can work until they are 65 years old. There are no age limits in China if you fulfill the criteria for the Z visa work permit.
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]