Discover real China with the Graduate Program
Earn money, experience everything that China has to offer and do something amazing!
Teach English in a fun and multicultural environment.
The Graduate Program is designed for graduates with at least a Bachelor's degree who would like to gain TEFL training and teach English in China.
Through this program you will:
- ENJOY TEACHING IN CHINA with the security of a strong in-country support network
- LEARN HOW TO TEACH TEFL with full training and orientation
- TEACH AS PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL TEAM with regular social events and meet ups
- MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT on the communities you teach
- GET SOME GREAT PERKS including round trip air-ticket from home country to China, generous local salary and free accommodation
Shanghai Meiji has played a valuable role in the newly starting chapter of my life that is teaching in China. From the teacher training and feedback at the start of the journey to the processing of important documents currently underway, Meiji has eased my transition to this country immensely.
Teach in China package
- 10,000 RMB - 12,000 RMB monthly salary, enough for a great lifestyle in China
- Free accommodation throughout your placement
- Round trip airticket from your home country to China
- Reference letter on program completion
- Legal work visa and residence permit provided
- 24 / 7 in country support
- Full orientation in Shanghai
- Airport meet and greet
- One year contract
- Pre-departure support
- Free Lonely Planet E Guide to China
- Access to more TEFL jobs on program completion
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor's degree
- TESOL or TEFL certificate (can apply without but must be completed prior to arrival date)
- Be of no criminal record
- Kind, patient and open to new cultures
- Willing to commit to one year placement in China
Locations and schools:
Our program has 100s of participating throughout eastern China including exciting locations such as Shanghai, Jiangsu, Guangdong and Zhejiang.
You can choose from teaching kindergarten, primary, middle or high school students.
Program dates for teaching in China:
12 month contract starting any time as we hire year round!
China has a huge interest in foreign education and learning English with native English speakers. As such, Shanghai Meiji works with Kindergartens, Middle and High Schools and training centers located across China.
This package is a yearly contract that will assist you in pursuing your TEFL career in another country! The local support staff in Shanghai will provide you with the required assistance to ensure that you have a pleasant and enjoyable year. This support will include a Shanghai induction and full training.
You will receive support from when you arrive in China which includes airport pick up, assistance with setting up your Chinese bank account and SIM card, training and orientation as well as ongoing feedback and guidance throughout your time in China.
The China Graduate Program serves locations throughout eastern China. These locations include Shanghai, Jiangsu, Guangdong and Zhejiang. The majority of positions are in and around Shanghai or within easy reach of Shanghai.
Since the Chinese are taught to honour their elders, you will have a high degree of respect from your students as a teacher. When you first arrive, your school may welcome you with a special dinner or party. Shanghai has an excellent metro system and so it is easy and convenient to travel around the city. You'll find lots of huge shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants and KTV (Karaoke bars). Also, there is a sizeable expat community living and teaching in Shanghai so it's easy to meet other foreigners.
Shanghai is a huge city and so it's important to understand how far away from your school you will be living so that you can work out commute times. In China, you will almost certainly have to pay tax on your earnings, so figure out what amount you will have to pay and how it will affect your ability to save. Keep in mind though that living costs even in Shanghai should be lower than in your home country so you should still be able to save a reasonable amount of money on your salary.
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]