Launch your teaching career in the world’s fastest growing economy
From stylish Shanghai, to charming Chengdu, to flourishing Fuzhou – your dream destination is waiting. Come and teach English in China!
About your role as an English teacher in China
Whether you’re a student on the hunt for a rewarding grad job, or an experienced teacher seeking a change of scenery, a private school teaching placement in China is a great option. With well-paid positions quite literally all over the country, you’re sure to find one to match your goals.
Working within an international team of local teachers and fellow expats, you’ll plan and lead English language classes to students aged 3-16.
Your duties will include:
- Working a 40-hour week (approx. 25 classroom hours, plus planning & training)
- Preparing quality lessons in accordance with school curriculum
- Assisting with English language related activities
- Teaching students of various ages and levels
- Working a 5-day week including weekends, with days off falling on weekdays
- Attending regular training sessions
Enjoy an excellent employment package
As a teacher at a private language institute in China, you’ll benefit from:
- A monthly salary of up to 16,000 RMB (depending on location and experience)
- Free accommodation close to the school OR monthly housing allowance
- Bi-annually performance and attendance bonuses
- Work visa and reimbursement of visa-related fees
- Flight reimbursement of up to 10,000 RMB/year
- Medical insurance
- English teacher training course and qualification
- City and school orientation
- 11 – 15 paid vacation days in addition to national holidays
- Opportunity to progress to other roles within the business or other locations
- Pre-departure Orientation Day (UK based)
- Post-arrival support and guidance
China’s low cost of living and comparatively high salary levels mean that teachers are often able to save a large chunk of their earnings – in many cases up to 50%!
Where can I teach in China?
Owing to the large and growing demand for native English language teachers across China, there’s almost no limit to where you can go. From stylish Shanghai, to charming Chengdu, to flourishing Fuzhou – your dream destination is waiting for you, and we’re here to help you find it.
Full list of private school teaching destinations for 2021:
- Lanzhou (Gansu)
Our private school teaching placements run year-round, with start dates in February, May, August and September. Contracts run for 12-15 months depending on location, and all schools offer the chance to resign for another year.
In order to be matched with a school and complete the visa application process in good time, we encourage you to apply at least 4 months in advance of your intended departure date.
Start your China teaching adventure today with our team of experienced ESL teachers and China enthusiasts!
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]