Launch your teaching career in sparkling South Korea!
About your role as an English teacher in Korea
Whether you are a first time or experienced teacher, teaching at a public school in Korea is a truly wonderful experience.
You will work with a local Korean co-teacher and assist with English language teaching duties at your school including:
- conduct English conversation classes for Korean students and co-workers
- prepare English language teaching materials for your school
- assist with English language related activities
- demonstrate a good command of written and spoken English
- be a cultural ambassador for your country
- teach 22 classes per week
- very stable employment conditions - this program is sponsored by the Korean government
Enjoy some exciting benefits
- Up to 2.7 Million KRW monthly (depending on province and qualifications)
- Settlement Allowance - 300,000 KRW (one-time payment)
- Free furnished housing
- Severance pay equal to approximately one month of salary (on contract completion)
- Entrance & Exit allowance - paid 1.3 Million KRW after employment month one and 1.3 Million KRW on contract completion (please note terms apply)
- Renewal allowance 2 Million KRW on contract extension with same MOE / POE (please note terms apply)
- Medical insurance - 50% of premiums paid by your employer allowing you access to high quality medical care and treatment at a fraction of the usual cost
- Full orientation on arrival including accommodation and meals - share this experience with 100s of other teachers!
- Approximately 3 weeks of paid vacation and all Korean national holidays
- Free Lonely Planet E Guide to South Korea
Korea is still an inexpensive country to live in and so it is possible to save plenty of your monthly salary.
Where can I teach in Korea?
From the sparkling capital city of Seoul to vibrant provincial towns to laid back coastal retreats, you can be assured of a warm welcome wherever you go in Korea.
We are now hiring for the following locations:
Metropolitan Cities > + Seoul + Busan + Daegu + Incheon + Gwangju + Daejeon + Ulsan + Sejong
Provinces > + Gangwon + Chungbuk + Chungnam + Jeonbuk + Gyeongbuk + Gyeongnam + Jeju + Gyeonggi
Early application is encouraged if you have strong preferences on location!
When can I start?
We have arrival dates in February, March, April, August, September and October.
If you are looking for a fast and free recruitment service from a team of expert advisors with teaching experience in Korea, you have come to the right place!
Why TEFL UK
- We have an extremely high job application success rate
- We are an official recruiting partner for the EPIK program
- We offer free advice and expert guidance throughout the application process, maximizing your chance of success
- Expert feedback on initial documents to reduce the chance of unsuccessful application at the first screening stage
- You will get prompt advice on your application at every stage which will save you time and speed up the process
- You will be provided with interview tips and guidance to make sure you are confident and ready on interview day!
- Fast, effective and completely FREE recruitment service
- Access to Facebook group where you can meet other TEFL UK teachers
Want to see what teaching in Korea is really like?
Watch Jessica's demo video
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- TESOL / TEFL or an English Teaching Certificate comprising a minimum of 100 course hours (can apply and complete course during application process) Sign up for your TEFL course here
- Willingness to engage with a new culture
- No experience necessary!
Simply fill out the following form and we'll get straight back to you.