Hiring Now for Teaching Jobs in Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City
Teach English in Vietnam and you will enjoy a professional, supportive and friendly working environment. Full training provided!
Teach in Vietnam with Major Education
We are looking for English teachers to join our international team and teach local Vietnamese students across all ages and levels.
By teaching at one of these community-focused schools, you will help local Vietnamese students with their English education and career prospects.
Enjoy a professional, supportive and friendly working environment with comprehensive training.
The organization has over 80 English teaching sites, including 2 international schools and collaborates with Macmillan and British Council on English teaching curriculum.
Benefits for teaching English in Vietnam
- VND 23,200,000 - 34,800,000 per month (USD 1,000 - 1,500), depending on qualifications and experience
- Health insurance
- Accommodation (private bedroom / shared kitchen, living room) within an international community OR accommodation allowance of approximately VND 5,000,000
- Paid vacation, up to 24 days annual
- Support in applying for entry visa and financial assistance with work permit
- Teaching hour / subbing bonuses up to VND 4,000,000 per month
- Overtime available at 350,000 VND per hour
- Airport pick up
- Training and development programs
- 9 month contract
- Resign bonus of VND 10,000,000
- Completion bonus up to VND 10,000,000
Average monthly salary in Vietnam is US$180 and so you can live well and save money.
All applicants should be able to provide the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- TEFL certificate (100 hours minimum - can study later). Don't have TEFL? Book your TEFL course for teaching in Vietnam
- Clean criminal record
- Fluent English speaker
Destination Ho Chi Minh
- Make this hot and vibrant city that never sleeps your home!
- Haggle and grab cheap eats at the famous Ben Thanh market
- Pamper yourself, rejuvinate and escape the crowds in one of city's soothing and inexpensive spas
- Try a Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk and watch the world (and mopeds) go by
- Head to District 3 for some great value Vietnamese dishes
- Take in some awe-inspiring views of the city at the Saigon Skydeck
The arrival dates are July, August, September and October.
The contract is 9 months and renewable.
Three steps to success
Submit application via TEFL UK
Interview with program head office in HCMC
Successful candidates will be sent contract offer
Vietnam is a wonderful country that is ideal for both new ESL teachers and seasoned educators looking to broaden their horizons internationally. Vietnam offers foreign teachers an unforgettable experience, from its natural beauty and rich cultural heritage to its vibrant cities and world-class cuisine.
With a population of nearly 90 million people and a long-standing dedication to education as well as one of the world's fastest-growing economies, Vietnam hires thousands of foreign English teachers every year. This means that teaching jobs in Vietnam are plentiful with schools hiring year-round.
Your English teacher salary in Vietnam is excellent comparatively with local rates of pay, which means you can enjoy a fantastic lifestyle. A first time English teacher in Vietnam earns over $1,000 per month. Keep in mind that monthly apartment rental in Vietnam is only around $150 - $300. With meals and transportation costs also very low, your monthly salary will stack up very nicely.
TEFL teachers in Vietnam can save up to $500 per month on average. To supplement their income, some teachers will take on private students who want to learn English or even teach English online for a few hours a week.
In recent years, Vietnam has grown in popularity as an expat destination, and it is now widely known as a safe place for foreigners to live and work. The pleasant weather, low cost of living, vibrant community, and delicious food all attract expats.
It is possible to teach in Vietnam without a bachelor's degree. Despite not having attended college, you must demonstrate that you have learned the necessary skills and abilities to function effectively as a TEFL instructor. It's often best to travel to Vietnam and visit schools independently with your CV after arrival to get work as an English teacher in Vietnam without a degree.
Come and teach in Vietnam!
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]