Come and experience teaching English in Ecuador
Enjoy prepaid flights to one of the most beautiful countries on earth! Teach English in Ecuador through a Ministry of Education program on a one or two semester contract.
The mission of the project is to improve English education throughout Ecuadorian public schools. You will work with regular Ecuadorian students, many of whom will never have had the chance to learn English with a native speaker.The Ecuadorian government are giving high priority to English language education in order to improve future life chances and prosperity for young Ecuadorians and so this is an extremely worthwhile project to be a part of.
Benefits for teaching in Ecuador
10 month contract
Includes round trip air ticket
- Prepaid roundtrip air-ticket to Ecuador
- US $ 366 p / month stipend (minus 8% tax deduction)
- Homestay accommodation with Ecuadorian host family
- 2 meals daily provided by host family
- Full training and orientation in Quito
- Medical insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Certification on program completion in recognition of your participation
- Lonely Planet E Guide
5 month contract
Initial flight to Ecuador is covered by volunteer
- Same benefits as above but one-way air-ticket provided on program completion.
Dates to teach in Ecuador
Applications are currently on temporary hold due to coronavirus.
About teaching in Ecuador
- Teach in Ecuadorian public schools
- Approx 30 hours per week of face to face teaching time
- 10 hours per week lesson planning and additional school activities
- Teach either a morning or afternoon shift
- Attend training and events related to the program at the request of the Ministry of Education
- Students are 5 - 18 years old
- Share your knowledge, work alongside local Ecuadorian teachers and help develop English education in Ecuador
Locations to teach in Ecuador
Throughout the beautiful and dramatic coast region. More locations to be added soon.
- Must be fluent English speaker (C1 level or higher)
- Bachelor's degree
- TEFL / TESOL preferred - need a TEFL certificate? Book your course here
- No criminal record
- Hold a passport with one year of validity
- All nationalities welcome
Apply today to teach English in Ecuador
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]