Teaching Assistant Jobs Manchester
Find a Teaching Assistant Job in Manchester 📚
Teaching Assistants Manchester
Looking for a teaching assistant job in Manchester?
Do you feel drawn to working with young people?
TEFL UK is looking for sociable, outgoing, and kind teaching assistants in inner and outer Manchester.
What is a Manchester teaching assistant?
Teaching assistants (TAs) are invaluable assets to classrooms up and down the country who enable children to reach their full potential. In partnership with the main class teacher, teaching assistants in Manchester support, assess, and record children’s attainment and care for the children on a pastoral level.
People who become excellent teaching assistants have a mix of enthusiasm, confidence, and a willingness to lend a hand and help others.
They are also:
- Adaptable and organised
- Compassionate and caring
- Confident technology users
- Great communicators
- Self-confident self- improvers
If that sounds like you, you could consider a new career as a teaching assistant.
What duties will a Manchester teaching assistant complete?
Within the role of teaching assistant, there are two distinct categories: teaching assistant (TA) and higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA).
Typical duties for a TA include:
- Enabling children to access their curriculum.
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on student progress.
- Assisting with lesson preparation, including setting up the classroom and wider working environment.
- Working closely with children who have additional or special needs and non-English speakers (TEFL).
HLTAs have more responsibility and may have slightly different roles to a TA, including:
- Covering planned absences by teaching staff and teaching classes.
- Managing TAs and other support staff.
Can teaching assistants Manchester work part-time?
TEFL UK has teaching assistant positions ideal for those who want to work part-time and full-time.
No matter if you need to work alongside personal commitments such as raising children, caring for family, or even studying, or you are free to work a full working week, there is a teaching assistant position in Manchester for you.
The benefits of working as a Manchester teaching assistant
People who work with children find their work very rewarding and enjoy how different every day can be.
Other benefits Manchester-based teaching assistants can expect, include:
- Daily pay of up to £90 per day
- Great work/ life balance with flexible school hours
- Development opportunities with ongoing career progression
- A range of employment options with long- and short-term roles available for TAs
- Improvement or building of your CV and help starting a new career
- A range of CPD courses to develop your professional skills
Qualifications needed to be a Manchester teaching assistant
Don’t worry, you don’t need lots of existing qualifications to change careers. Most employers would look for candidates who have:
- Excellent reading, writing, and numeracy skills.
- Proof of no criminal record, as checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service, DBS check.
- Prior experience working with children.
A degree (e.g., a Bachelor of Arts) is advantageous but is not considered essential by most employers, which makes becoming a teaching assistant a career path for more people than might have previously thought.
TEFL UK has lots of experience in helping people to find work as a teaching assistant in Manchester and to bolster your application, we have a wide range of TEFL courses.
How to apply for teaching assistants in Manchester
Simply fill out the below application form and one of our advisors will contact you within 24 hours with the next steps.
Apply now for teaching assistant jobs in Manchester.