Teaching Assistant Jobs London
Find a Teaching Assistant Job in London 📚
Part- and full-time teaching assistant jobs
Want to work as a teaching assistant in London? Interested in making a difference in the lives of young people across the capital?
TEFL UK is hiring kind, passionate, and personable teaching assistants in Greater London and the outskirts.
No matter your circumstance, TEFL UK have a teaching assistant position perfect for you.
From positions for those who are brand new to the profession to experienced TAs looking for a change of schools, there is a place for you in London.
Teaching assistants in London
Teaching assistants are renowned for being compassionate, adaptable, and sensitive, working well under pressure, and having excellent communication skills.
If this sounds like you, a teaching assistant career can allow you to work full-time or fit your new job around your current commitments, whichever you need.
What qualities make a good teaching assistant in London?
Teaching assistants closely support not only the students but the main class teacher, making themselves invaluable.
People who make good teaching assistants have a mix of confidence, a willingness to learn and lend a hand, and bags of enthusiasm.
What are the expected duties of a teaching assistant?
Teaching assistants (TAs) and higher-level teaching assistants (HLTAs) have slightly different roles within a school environment, but generally, duties will include:
- Supporting children to access the curriculum.
- Providing extra assistance to learners with additional or special needs and non-English speakers.
- Recording and reporting on student progress.
- Motivating and encouraging students while providing support.
- Assisting with lesson preparation, including setting up the classroom and working environment.
HLTAs may also:
- Teach some classes.
- Cover planned absences for teachers.
- Manage other learning and support staff.
The excellent benefits of being a teaching assistant in London
Not only is the position of teaching assistant rewarding, but every day is also different, making it perfect for those who like a bit of variety.
You can also expect benefits such as:
- Great daily pay- up to £90 per day
- Work/ life balance- flexible school hours
- Ongoing career progression- development opportunities
- Plenty of employment options- long- and short-term roles available
- Gain experience- help build your CV and kickstart your career
- Full training and support- enjoy a wide range of CPD courses
What qualifications do I need to be a teaching assistant in London?
However, most employers would only expect:
- Excellent reading, writing, and numeracy skills.
- Proof of no criminal record, as checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service, DBS check.
- Experience working with children.
- BA advantageous, but not essential.
How to apply
Simply fill out the below application form and one of our advisors will contact you within 24 hours with next steps. Apply now for Teaching Assistant jobs in London.