Teach in Ecuador
The mission of the project is to improve English education throughout Ecuadorian public schools. You will work with regular Ecuadorian students, many of whom will never have had the chance to learn English with a native speaker.
The Ecuadorian government are giving high priority to English language education in order to improve future life chances and prosperity for young Ecuadorians and so this is an extremely worthwhile project to be a part of.
Benefits for teaching in Ecuador
One or two semester contracts are available with following packages:
10 month contract
- Prepaid roundtrip air-ticket to Ecuador
- US $ 366 p / month stipend (minus 8% tax deduction)
- Homestay accommodation with Ecuadorian host family
- 2 meals daily provided by host family
- Full training and orientation in Quito
- Medical insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Certification on program completion in recognition of your participation
- Lonely Planet E Guide
5 month contract
- Same benefits as above but one-way air-ticket provided on program completion. Initial flight to Ecuador is covered by volunteer.
Dates to teach in Ecuador
Applications are now open for 2020.
Please submit an application and successful candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
About teaching in Ecuador
- Teach in Ecuadorian public schools
- Approx 30 hours per week of face to face teaching time
- 10 hours per week lesson planning and additional school activities
- Teach either a morning or afternoon shift
- Attend training and events related to the program at the request of the Ministry of Education
- Students are 5 - 18 years old
- Share your knowledge, work alongside local Ecuadorian teachers and help develop English education in Ecuador
Locations to teach in Ecuador
Throughout the beautiful and dramatic coast region. More locations to be added soon.
- Must be fluent English speaker (C1 level or higher)
- Bachelor's degree
- TEFL / TESOL preferred
- No criminal record
- Hold a passport with one year of validity
- All nationalities welcome
Come and experience a truly amazing destination where local hospitality is legendary. Apply today to teach English in Ecuador!
Simply fill out the following form and we'll get straight back to you.