Make teaching in Hong Kong your day job!
We welcome you to join an international team and teach English in exciting Hong Kong!
Teach small groups of young learners in Hong Kong
If you are looking for an exciting teaching opportunity in a fast paced, vibrant city, this is the job for you!
We are hiring English teachers to join a well established, extra curricular English school with branches throughout central Hong Kong.
You will make strong connections with your students as the class size is kept small (maximum 4 students per class).
Enjoy teaching with a school that offers a high level of professional support, subsidized accommodation and great opportunities for career professional development.
Package for teaching in Hong Kong
- HK$ 20,000 monthly (conversion is approximately £2,000 per month)
- HK$ 12,000 - HK$ 14,000 completion gratuity bonus
- Subsidized accommodation available with monthly rent HK$ 7,000
- Work visa arrangement
- Airport pick up on arrival
- Full training provided
- Ongoing development and professional support
- 17 days paid public holidays
- 14 - 16.5 days of paid vacation
- One year contract
- Salary advances available and assistance with air-ticket to Hong Kong can sometimes be provided (subject to Head Office approval)
Why teach in Hong Kong?
- CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES - great chance to develop your teaching career. Many teachers stay for longer than the initial year. You can go on to become a senior teacher or part of the managerial team.
- MENTORING SCHEME - full support from an experienced mentor teacher, ensuring you feel comfortable within the teaching environment.
- ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT - furnished accommodation in an excellent location very close to the MRT station will be made available to you if you want it.
- GET SOCIAL - there is a strong social network of English teachers enjoying Hong Kong life - immerse yourself in the community and enjoy regular meet up events.
- Bachelors degree in any field
- Fluent English speaker
- TEFL certificate - need a TEFL certificate? Book your course here
- Enjoy working with children
- Adaptable and positive attitude
- Teaching week runs Monday to Saturday
- 2 days you will work from 4 PM - 7 PM
- 3 days your schedule would be 9:30 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday schedule is 9 AM - 6 PM with 90 minute break for lunch
- No Sunday teaching
- No evening teaching
Lessons are usually 90 minutes and actual number of classes would vary from school to school. You would not have lessons in all the slots and so would have some free time for planning or other things.
Start dates and availability
You can start any month of the year.
The application process usually takes around 1 month and you would be provided full support through the visa process.
How to apply for the Hong Kong teaching job
5 steps and you'll be on your way!
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]