Teach English Online with Whales English. Hiring now!
Explore a new home job opportunity
You can teach English online with a proven and high quality curriculum.
Be a mentor for your Chinese students, enjoy great job security and work with learners from 3 - 18 years old.
Established in 2012, Whales connects a US curriculum to Chinese students. The company is partnered with National Geographic Learning and Oxford University Press to provide engaging and informative content for it's learners.
Why teach online with Whales?
- Receive personalized support
- Free tailored training with all teaching resources provided to you
- Career development opportunities to course trainer, evaluator
- US$ 1,500 average monthly salary plus performance bonuses
- Job security of a fixed schedule and fixed income
- Student renewal rate over 83% making this a highly sought after program
Meet Whales teachers at the Bristol and New York Empower events.
Work from home job package
- Independent contractor status, 12 month contract
- US$ 18 - US$ 26 per 50-minute class taught, plus performance related bonuses. Pay rate varies depending on level and class
- Get paid every month through bank transfer or Payoneer
- 50 minute 1 on 2 full English immersion classes (no Chinese language skills required)
- Curriculum provided to you
- Be available to teach minimum 8 hours during peak hours
- Peak hours are Weekdays: 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time; Weekends: 9:10 AM - 12:20 PM Beijing Time, 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time
- University degree
- TEFL / TESOL certification - Not yet TEFL certified? Start your 120 hour Professional TEFL course here
- Experience teaching young learners preferred
- Enthusiastic, professional and outgoing
- Fluent English speaker
Ready to get started? Please fill out the below form and one of our TEFL team will get right back to you with application details.
Simply fill out the following form and we'll get straight back to you.