Spain is an amazing place to teach TEFL!
About teaching in Spain
Are you thinking of enhancing your career overseas?
We are now recruiting for a prestigious English program in Spain which is supported by the Spanish government and the Erasmus + fund.
The program is designed to place committed, young, dynamic and creative native English speakers in a Spanish school for 20 classroom hours per week as a Language Assistant (LA).
Your role will be to increase student exposure to the English language and build confidence by facilitating English conversation practice.
Why this experience is so exciting
- GAIN CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE within a professional environment and hone your teaching skills
- LIVE AS A LOCAL and gain a unique insight into Spanish culture
- LEARN THE LOCAL LANGUAGE - this immersive opportunity will provide you an excellent opportunity to learn the local tongue
- ENHANCE YOUR RESUME and show future employers that you are not afraid to get out of your comfort zone, take on new challenges and live in a different culture
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE with all the satisfaction that comes from helping others learn a new important skill
Benefits of teaching in Spain
- Monthly allowance of 912€
- Full board host family accommodation OR assistance with finding a private rental where required (although this would be at your cost if you choose private rental option)
- Support and feedback from your assigned tutor / mentor and program head office
- Access to Spanish public health care system
- School holidays
- Primary teaching regions are Madrid and Murcia
One of the main benefits of choosing this programme is that each LA can choose to live with a Spanish host family.
By living with locals rather than other travellers, you can have an authentic, first-hand cultural experience. You will form close bonds with your host family and many participants often visit them for years to come!
Schedule, dates & regions
The teaching hours are maximum 20 per week.
The program runs for the following terms:
Arrive: September / October
Finish: May / June
Recruitment is ongoing and so you can apply now to join the process for a possible entry into the programme.
The primary regions are Murcia & Madrid. If applying for an immediate start, flexibility on location preference is desired.
Your teaching duties
- Assist main teacher with classroom duties and share your culture
- Facilitate group and pair work with students
- Assist with language related tasks such as pronunciation or sentence stucture
- Help with other subjects that are taught in English such as Science, Art, IT etc.
- Assist with preparation of teaching and exam materials
- Provide language assistance with the host family
How does teaching in Spain work?
You will enjoy making a positive contribution to the lives of young Spanish learners.
Students generally range from 3 to 18 years old.
Requirements for TEFL jobs in Spain
Please take note of the following pre-selection requirements:
- Recent university graduate (within last 4 years)
- Native English speaker
- Must be enthusiastic about working with children
- Adaptable and open to new challenges
- Hold a clean criminal record
Find out why teaching in Spain could be for you!
Program participants share their experience of Spanish life.
Register your interest below to teach English in Spain and we will get right back to you!