Be an inspiring English conversation teacher in Japan!
Join one of the biggest and best English conversation schools in Japan! Now hiring for 2022. 🎎🗾
Come teach English in Japan
Do you want to experience an exciting new culture and way of life? Are you looking to gain some international TEFL experience? Would you like to pay off student debts?
With over 300 schools across Japan, you can be teaching at one of the largest and most established English conversation schools in the country.
- EARN A COMPETITIVE LOCAL SALARY that will enable you to save money
- FULL VISA SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED
- TEACH ENGLISH IN A FUN WORKING ENVIRONMENT as part of an international team
- ENJOY A STABLE, FIXED WEEKLY SCHEDULE with guaranteed number of lessons per contract
- 6 MONTH CONTRACTS AVAILABLE meaning no long term commitment
Be an English teacher in Japan with Nova
- Teach up to eight 44-minute conversational English lessons a day, five days a week
- Teach kids aged from 3-12 and adults
- Teach specialized courses including TOEIC, TOEFL, business and travel English
- Teach "Voice" conversation room lessons
Why you should choose this school
- Guaranteed amount of lessons per contract
- Fixed weekly schedule
- JPY 250,000 p / month average based on teaching 5 days p / week
- Other schedules are available and so if you want to teach less, specific scheduling needs can often be accommodated
- Reimbursement commuting costs to and from work
- Full training provided
- Completion bonus of JPY 150 per lesson
- Monthly incentives (paid at end of contract)
If you can commit to a minimum of 34 lessons / week for 1 year, you will receive
NOVA has given me the chance to work in Japan on a flexible schedule that is allowing me to experience Japan the way I want to.
Teaching in Japan requirements
- Fluent English speaker
- Valid passport
- University degree (any major/concentration) or equivalent
- Commitment to 6 months or 1 year (depending on visa type)
- TEFL certificate - book your TEFL course for teaching in Japan here
You'll learn all about Japanese society and culture, the Japanese education system, your students, and of course yourself! Teaching in Japan can be a hugely rewarding experience and you'll find your students to be polite, motivated and eager to learn.
Teaching English in Japan is an excellent way to pay off student loans, meet lots of Japanese people and get to know a very distinctive and unique culture. The food is out of this world and you'll find that people will go out of their way to help you. Japan is also a very safe country, spotlessly clean and super efficient. There are language schools throughout every town and city, meaning you'll have plenty of locations to choose from if you decide to teach in Japan.
In Japan, teaching contracts usually range from six months to a year. Many people love the country so much that they choose to extend their contracts and stay in Japan for several years.
As an English teacher in Japan, you can expect to earn per month between 200,000 and 600,000 Yen ($1,700 - $5,000 USD). ESL teachers in Japan are also often offered flights, accommodation, and training as part of their benefits.
This is a question we are often asked. Japan does have a reputation for being prohibitively expensive as a place to teach English and save money. However, the reality is that life in Japan is not as expensive as people imagine. When you teach in Japan, you can easily save around $1,000 per month.
In Japan, a bachelor's degree is required for any regulated teaching position. Candidates with a TEFL certificate and / or prior teaching experience are often more likely to be shortlisted for hire by Japanese schools and recruiters.